||Financial Accounts Administrator (FAA)
||Front Office Staff
||No supervisory duties
The Financial Accounts Administrator administers the overall operations of the Student records office, including areas such as management of student records, invoicing and collection of appropriate tuition, rewrites. Ensures compliance with Private Career Colleges Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
- Establish work priorities and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed
- Administer policies and procedures related to the release of records in processing requests under government access to information and privacy legislation
- Maintain student financial files
- Check and update the Financial Aid Officer portal
- Prepare redirection reports for the MTCU, OSAP inspection and compliance unit
- Issue invoices, transcripts, and record of attendance to various funding agencies
- Prepare for MTCU site inspections
- Co-ordinate and plan for office services, such as relocations, equipment, supplies, forms, disposal of assets, parking, maintenance and security services
- Schedule and purchase vouchers for NET certification examinations
- Issue purchase order numbers
- Receive and process payments by cash, cheque, credit card or automatic debit
- Calculate total payments received at end of work shift and reconcile with total sales
- Prepare bank deposits
- Maintain sales records for inventory control
- Operate computerized inventory record keeping and re-ordering systems
- Provide each student with Scholastic progress report
- Conduct interview with each OSAP recipient to discuss their loan portfolio and review the consolidation process, loan repayment.
- Confirm each student receiving OSAP attends online NSLC repayment process
- Follow up with students to collect data for statistics
- Process contract cancellations
- Meet with the Campus Director monthly to review the status of outstanding student accounts
- Answer enquiries regarding College services by letter, telephone, and in person.
- Register complaints and arrange appropriate meetings to resolve issues
- Plan, prepare, and carry-out graduation ceremonies
- Other duties as assigned
College Diploma in Office Administration or Business preferred.
Experience with customer service, operating point-of-sale systems, and working within government guidelines is preferred. Previous experience with Ontario Student Assistance Program would be considered an asset.
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Ministry of Training, Colleges and Universities Act
- Privacy Act
- OSAP eligibility and assessment manual
- Default Management
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Bilingualism – English and French is considered an asset but is not required
- Able to drive and have access to a reliable vehicle
- Communicate with internal staff
- Position location: Barrie, Ontario – Travel not generally required, but may occur
- Work environment: Office position that will require preparation for graduation twice a year
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week with 30 minute unpaid lunch per day
- Schedule of work is typically 7:30am – 4:00pm; this position operates on a flex schedule and at times will require work to be completed beyond these hours.
- Attention to Detail
- Communication – Written
- Conflict Resolution
- Multi-tasking ability
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Focus
The successful candidate can expect a starting wage between $14.00 – $17.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.