The Academics and Distance Education Department Administrator will be responsible for the following:
Quality Assurance, Curriculum Evaluation and Development
- Assisting with facilitation and analysis of student and instructor course evaluations
- Scheduling and participating in curriculum development and program-specific committee meetings
- Assisting with the drafting of and compliance to internal policies and procedures
- Compiling and completing digital and paper-based data entry tasks for post-secondary program applications to the Ministry of Advanced Education and Skills Development (MAESD)
- Liaising with MAESD compliance officers regarding college programs as appropriate
- Working with academics department personnel toward the preparation and facilitation of professional development initiatives for college faculty and employees
- Drafting and updating curriculum documents and supplementary materials as appropriate
- Collaborating with others to ensure quality post-secondary programs applicable to industry standards are delivered
- Assisting with student interview and request for accommodation meetings as required
- Assisting program and campus directors with student complaint and appeal procedures
Distance Education (DE)
- Enrolling students in the college’s learning management system (LMS)
- Providing technical assistance to students and teaching faculty in DE programs
- Creating and maintaining course content on LMS sites, and creating regular backups of sites
- Assigning roles and ensuring appropriate access is provided to all participants on course sites
- Assisting with the maintenance of and training to use virtual classroom applications (WizIQ, Adobe Connect)
- Assisting with new student orientations for DE programs
- Collaborating and communicating with IT department for advanced DE technical issues
- Working with and assisting teaching faculty involved in distance education (DE) programs
- Ensure quality assurance of DE program development and curriculum facilitation
- Work within the fiscal budget for the academics department as determined by the VP, Academics for each fiscal year.
- Achieve budgeted operating surplus by controlling expenses;
- Document and report on the number of hours being allocated curriculum development in each program as required
- Represent the College at various school-related functions, either individually or with other staff.
- Assist the Director of Marketing and Admissions and the Program Coordinators in promoting graduates to employers.
- Participate in promotional activities designed to promote the College and its programs to the public, potential students, and employers.
Education and Experience
- The ideal candidate will have an undergraduate degree in English as well as a Bachelor of Education degree. Other undergraduate majors will be considered but preference will be given to English understudies.
- A minimum of two (2) years teaching experience is required (preference will be given to candidates with additional experience).
- Knowledge of adult training principles (with preference of accelerated learning environments and private career colleges)
- Previous experience developing curriculum, overseeing instructor professional development, or working with online Learning Management Systems is considered an asset.
- Exhibit superior (and accurate) writing ability
- Create and develop lasting community relationships
- Communicate with internal staff and students, graduates, and external stakeholders
- Strong technical proficiency with various computer applications (Microsoft Office, various learning management systems, web-conferencing tools)
- Position location: North Bay, Ontario – Travel required 10% of the time
- Work environment: Office
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work: Typical schedule is 8:30 am – 5:00 pm Monday to Friday
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.