||Primary Care Paramedic Clinic Instructor
||546 Bryne Drive Barrie, Ontario
||PCP Regional Placement Coordinator
||No supervisory duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Primary Care Paramedic Placement Coordinator. They will oversee students in a clinical setting and act as a liaison between the hospital staff, administration and College faculty.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand and ensure the proper protocols are followed as they pertain to;
- Student Workplace Health and Safety
- Infectious Disease Control
- Patient Confidentiality
- Scope of Practice
- Verify that placement students have appropriate hospital clearance and student photo ID
- Review CTS policy and procedures pertaining to placement
- Inform students of their assigned station or any changes to their assigned station
- Identify staff person for reviewing the National Occupational Competency Profile
- Monitor student activities and maintain contact with students throughout the day to ensure a positive learning environment and minimum disruption to the institution
- Progress reviews
- Review the following with students on clinical days;
- Signs and symptoms
- Pertinent history
- Medications and pharmacology
- Differential diagnosis based on S/S and Hx
- Discussion of simulated treatments as they pertain to the scope of practices of paramedics
- Discussion of presentations other than those diagnosed
- Other outcomes as presented
- Wrap up
- Ensure clinical personnel of the medical facility has signed off on the competencies
- Assist the students in logging their National Occupational Competency Profile
- Participate in student graduations and functions.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidate must have graduated from a Primary Care Paramedic diploma program and currently hold a valid Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (A-EMCA) certificate.
Successful candidate must have a minimum of two years experience working as a Primary Care Paramedic and has maintained the paramedic skill set. Candidates with greater experience in the field are preferred.
- Ambulance Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – customer service standard
- Clerical and administrative procedures
- Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Mail, docs, and Calendar
- Working with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and planning effectively
- Position Location: Various Hospitals around Barrie and the GTA
- Work environment: Hospital
- Term: Contract position ending April 2017
- Hours of work: Up to 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work: Successful candidate could work any day during the week. To be scheduled with the coordinator.
The following lists the competencies that are required to be successful in the position. This list will drive the behavioural interview.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate can expect a wage between $25.00 – $27.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position applied for and the location you are applying to in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, we will provide accommodation to candidates upon request, to ensure all applicants are able to compete on an equal basis.
CTS Canadian Career College would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.