||Primary Care Paramedic Clinic and Skills Coordinator
||546 Bryne Drive Barrie, Ontario
||Director of Paramedicine
||Will be responsible to supervise 10-20 staff
The Primary Care Paramedic Skills and Clinic Coordinator role will consist of skills and clinical duties. The skills aspect will focus on maintaining our standards regarding the delivery of our skills classes and ensuring proper compliance with the MAESD and MOH for the Barrie Campus. The coordinator will also assist the Director of Paramedic to ensure these standards are maintained and utilized in the delivery of each paramedic program offered. The clinical aspect will focus on the development and maintenance of productive relationships with clinical sites to expedite appropriate placements for Barrie campus students.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist Barrie Campus Director and local didactic coordinator to schedule all class starts and intake dates, instructors, hours of instruction, etc. pertaining to skills classes.
- Help the Campus Director and/or skills lead instructor in the interviewing, hiring, discipline and termination of instructors within the skills program as required.
- Assist the Campus Director in maintaining a system of back up instructors to ensure continuity of instruction.
- Assist the Campus Director in ensuring instructors are aware of their responsibilities under the heading of ‘Communication/Interpersonal’. Will evaluate these skills and counsel those with problems under a progressive discipline policy.
- Assist the Campus Director with PCP class consumable’s budget and make the best utilization of equipment and manpower within the program.
- Review all practical testing scenarios and evaluations on completion of practical testing and deal with appeals and retesting as necessary utilizing the lead skills instructor’s reviews and recommendations.
- Review marks and pass fail rates for the Barrie campus with Campus Director.
- Assist the Campus Director in conducting an evaluation of all skills instructors each year or as deemed necessary by the Campus Director.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of lesson plans, presentations and evaluations for the skills classes.
- Ensure that program criteria are being met through weekly (or as necessary) conference calls with the Director of Paramedicine.
- Assist the local campus program coordinator in identifying didactic shortcomings that impact the skills program.
- Report to the Campus Director and the Director of Paramedicine any concerns regarding any aspect of the delivery of the program.
- Develop and keep current Quality Assurance report forms for the program.
- Meet and prepare the Director of Paramedicine regarding meetings with any regulatory agency as needed.
- Identify and develop continuing education opportunities i.e. Pre-health sciences; A-EMCA prep courses; A-EMCA Review, etc.
- Assist admissions staff with national and international contract proposals including presentations to ensure successful completion and delivery.
- Maintain current accreditation processes pertaining to skills competencies until directed to make changes by the Director of Paramedicine.
- Attend regularly scheduled meetings or conference calls as requested by CDs and the Director of Paramedicine.
- Participate in Graduation ceremonies at each Campus.
- Participate on Internal Program Review Committee and PCP Advisory Committee meetings.
- Prepare and present reports as requested by the Director of Paramedicine.
- Other duties as assigned in consultation with and mutually agreed upon respecting your other duties.
- Contact and/or travel to Clinical sites to establish and maintain ongoing clinical rotation opportunities for students.
- Establish and maintain all agreements with institutions including affiliation agreements, Partner Site Qualification Agreements and Participating Site Request for Accreditation Agreements.
- Ensures clinical rotations are scheduled appropriately.
- Contact various institutions to arrange placements.
- Conduct appropriate Clinical Placement Orientation for students; checklists are complete and applicable documentation is distributed prior to commencement of Clinical Placement including Student Placement Binder.
- Ensure that applicable, current and complete student documentation is complete and is forwarded to the institution promptly.
- Ensure all Clinical Site Supervisors receive current Training and Orientation documentation and Clinical Manuals.
- Contact Clinical Sites regularly in person and by phone during Clinical Rotations to ensure that the Director of Paramedicine is aware of any issues and conduct quality assurance reviews.
- Ensure completion of C level competencies is properly documented for all students.
- Ensure that the Barrie Program Coordinator, CD and the Director of Paramedicine is notified of any student performance issue during clinical rotation and that appropriate action is taken. Follow up with the Clinical Instructor to ensure situation is resolved.
- Ensure that ongoing maintenance and updating of Clinical Placement contacts are completed in a timely fashion including Clinical Instructor qualifications, patient volumes by department, etc.
- Help the Campus Director in the interviewing, hiring, discipline and termination of instructors within the clinical program as required.
- Monitor all prospective PCP Start Dates with the Barrie CD to ensure timing is appropriate in order to ensure Clinical Placements are attained for the Barrie CTS CCC Paramedic Students.
- Contact Ensure Instructors are aware of laws, regulations and standards and that they adhere to them
- Implement the policies and procedures established by the College
- Ensure policies and procedures are communicated to appropriate staff
- Ensure compliance with policies
- Assist with development of policies and procedures that are consistent with CTS Canadian Career College philosophy, Ministry and accreditation requirements.
- Ensure Instructors are aware of laws, regulations and standards and that they adhere to them.
- Assist the Director of Paramedicine for National Contract proposals including presentations (both preparation and delivery) to ensure successful completion and delivery.
- Recommend to Director of Paramedicine marketing initiatives appropriate to the community and ensure accurate tracking is carried out.
- Represent the College at various school-related functions, either individually or with the Program Coordinators, the Campus Director and/or the Director of Paramedicine.
- Assist the didactic program coordinator and the Director of Paramedicine in promoting graduates to employers.
- Participate in seminars and other related activities put on by CTS Canadian Career College to promote the College and the Paramedic Program.
Successful candidate must have graduated from a Primary Care Paramedic diploma program and currently hold a valid Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (A-EMCA) certificate.
Successful candidate must have a minimum of 2 years experience working as a Primary Care Paramedic and preference will be given to candidates with greater experience in the field.
- Ambulance Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – customer service standard
- Microsoft Office suite
- Google Chrome
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Skype, Whatsapp
- Working with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and planning effectively
- Position Location: Barrie, Ontario – Travel required five percent (5%) of the time and will consist of local travel and possible travel to other campus locations.
- Work environment: Office environment
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday, operating on a flex schedule but typically 8:30 am – 5:00 pm
The successful candidate can expect a wage between $50,000 – $60,000 annually and will qualify for medical benefits after successfully completing the probationary period.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position applied for and the location you are applying to in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, we will provide accommodation to candidates upon request, to ensure all applicants are able to compete on an equal basis.
CTS Canadian Career College would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.