||Personal Support Worker Instructor
||No supervisory duties
The Personal Support Worker Instructor will be responsible for preparing teaching materials and to deliver lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology. Instructors will also be responsible to mark and grade the work of the students and to assist with individualized tutoring or remedial instruction. The Personal Support Worker instructor may also provide demonstrations on how to successfully navigate required skills that a Personal Support Worker will utilize.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects and hands-on training
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision
- Assist with customer service at the front desk when required
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in your field
- Maintain student files
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
The successful candidate requires a certificate or diploma from a Personal Support Worker Program.
The ideal candidate will have experience working as a Personal Support Worker.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suit
- Google Chrome
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Work with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicate with internal staff
- Deliver lectures
- Demonstrate esthetic skills
- Position location: Barrie, Ontario – Travel may be required to other campus locations
- Work environment: Office environment
- Hours of work: Up to 25 hours per week
- Schedule of work: 8:00 am – 1:00 pm
List of competencies that are required to be successful in the position. This list will drive the behavioural interview.
- Attention to Detail
- Communication Skills
- Conflict Resolution
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Starting wage $22.00 – $25.00/hour
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.