||Primary Care Paramedic Placement Assistant
||546 Bryne Drive Barrie, Ontario
||Primary Care Paramedic Program Coordinator
||No supervisory duties
The successful candidate will be responsible for the provision of administrative support to the Primary Care Paramedic Placement Coordinator. Some of the duties involve, but are not limited to, the collection and review of student documentation as applicable to placement; the review of agreements between placement agencies and the College; and the creation of schedules for hospital and long-term care (LTC) placements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collect and review student documentation as applicable to clinical and field placements
- Review agreements between hospitals and the college for expiry dates and specific requirements to ensure compliance
- Create schedules for student shifts in hospital and LTC placements; examine “extra-value” placement opportunities.
- Conduct clinical placement orientation seminars for students prior to their placement
- Oversee and collect clinical placement documentation (NOCP completion and accuracy).
- Actively search for new clinical placement locations, such as new hospitals, LTC facilities and work with established contact so that agreements can be put into place.
- Bring any outstanding issues to the Placement Coordinator and/or Campus Director for assistance.
- In cooperation with the Placement Coordinator, collect and scan required documentation from students for field placement, and repeat the process after completed placement.
- Ensure students have access to the Field Placement Service Availability sheet.
- Distribute and collect student Field Placement Request forms in the designated time frames. Forward requests to the Placement Coordinator.
- Notify Placement Coordinator of any issues that may arise during student placements.
- Oversee completion and collection of clinical documentation and skills NOCP books prior to students being allowed to commence field placement.
- Receive original documents from students upon completion of field placement. Review them for completion and accuracy as per CMA standards.
- Forward all documentation to the Program Coordinator for allocation of marks.
- Assist in identification and selection of suitable placement hosts.
- Participate in student graduations and functions.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidate must have graduated from a Primary Care Paramedic diploma program and currently hold a valid Advanced Emergency Medical Care Assistant (A-EMCA) certificate.
Successful candidate must have experience working as a Primary Care Paramedic and has maintained the paramedic skill set. Candidates with greater experience in the field are preferred.
- Ambulance Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – customer service standard
- Clerical and administrative procedures
- Microsoft Office suite
- Google Chrome
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Working with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and planning effectively
- Bilingualism – English and French is preferred
- Consistent and ongoing personal professional conduct
- Position Location: Barrie, Ontario – Travel required five percent (5%) of the time
- Work environment: Office and classroom environment
- Term: Contract position ending April 2017
- Hours of work: Up to 20 hours per week
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday, operating on a flex schedule
The following lists the competencies that are required to be successful in the position. This list will drive the behavioural interview.
- Attention to detail
- Communication skills
- Conflict resolution
- Diversity and inclusion
The successful candidate can expect a wage between $17.00 – $25.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position applied for and the location you are applying to in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College (and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics) is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, we will provide accommodation to candidates upon request, to ensure all applicants are able to compete on an equal basis.
CTS Canadian Career College would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.