||Personal Support Worker Clinical Instructor (PSW Credentials)
||No supervisory duties
The personal support worker clinical instructor will be responsible for leading PSW students on site at a long-term care facility and is expected to plan, organize, and teach in a manner that aligns with the values of CTS Canadian Career College.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure students are being taught in accordance with approved curriculum
- Foster an environment of co-operation and co-ordination among instructional staff
- Participate in the student appeal process when required
- Assist with tracking student hours in accordance with college procedures
- Attend graduation ceremonies
- Implement and follow the policies and procedures established by the College
- Participate in meetings with staff when required
- Participate in student orientations
- Maintain proper records of student meetings
- Submit monthly reports to the program coordinator
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Inform students, beforehand, of the basis upon which their performance will be evaluated;
- Organize and effectively use classroom time
- Use instruction techniques/methods that recognize and take into account needs and learning capacities of students
- Modify techniques during instruction in response to the needs of the students
- Assist students in developing efficient learning skills and work habits
- Ensure all course objectives and modules are taught according to the program schedules
- Implement course outlines and daily breakdowns
- Modify course outlines in light of the needs of the students
- Establish an appropriate atmosphere in the classroom which is conducive to learning
- Maintain fair, firm and consistent discipline with the students
- Regularly monitor student progress and adjust courses accordingly
- Prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects
- Base the evaluation of students on the guidelines established by the College
- Ensure that the evaluation of students is appropriate;
- Keep accurate and complete records of student performance
- Ensure all evaluation records are regularly updated on the college’s electronic server;
- Prepare final examinations in accordance with guidelines established on the course outline
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
- Maintain complete and accurate documentation in areas of responsibility
- Other duties as assigned by Supervisor
Successful candidate will have graduated from a NACC Personal Support Worker program post 2015.
Candidates that apply with personal support worker credentials require a minimum of 36 months working experience.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Mail, Docs, Calendar, and Hangouts
- Work with competing priorities and deadlines
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times
- Communicate with internal staff and external community members
- Position location: Barrie, Ontario
- Work environment: Clinical setting at a long term care facility
- Hours of work: 0-40 hours per week
- Schedule of work: 8 hour shifts for clinical rotation.
The successful candidate can expect a starting range between $25.00 – $27.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.