|Financial Aid Officer
|North Bay, Sudbury, Barrie, Or Sault Ste. Marie
|Director of Admissions
|No supervisory duties
The Financial Aid Officer is responsible for ensuring that all students receive complete and sound advice on the rights and responsibilities attached to financing their education in accordance with the standards, policies, and procedures of CTS Canadian Career College and the Ontario Student Assistance Program (OSAP). You will be working with a team of financial representatives, managers and support staff while providing financial aid options and information to aspiring students. You will build relationships with new and existing aspiring students in order to drive business and increase revenue.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reply to phone and email inquiries
- Case noting student accounts (Goldmine)
- Schedule and conduct financial appointments
- Ensure that prospective students receive complete and sound financial advice
- Review and provide payment schedule to all students where applicable
- Help and guide student through the funding application process
- Follow-up with CCO with respect to any delays, concerns or additional documentation required for a student’s application
- Maintain continuous contact with incoming students until commencement of program to ensure financing is in place
- Process applications for registered education funds, CTS loans, and scholarships
- Assist in student orientation
- Ensure student exemptions are processed and communicated prior to orientation
- Ensure student referrals are processed and communicated prior to orientation
- Attend weekly meetings to discuss the status of funding for incoming students
- Assisting with the default management procedures
- Assist the admissions department when required
- Other duties as assigned
The successful candidate does not require any formal education however, any financial education would be considered an asset.
The successful candidate does not require any experience however, previous experience with financial aid would be considered an asset.
- Familiar with Ontario Career Colleges
- Ontario Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Applications
- Bilingualism – English and French is considered an asset but is not required
- Typing speed of 40 WPM with a minimum of 92 percent accuracy.
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times
- Communicate with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Position location: Canada
- Work environment: Remote office
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Work schedule: This position operates on a flex schedule
The successful candidate can expect a starting range between $18.00 – $22.00 per hour, plus annual bonus. Medical Benefits are available for all employees upon successful completion of their probationary period.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.