CTS Canadian Career College welcomes International students!

Designated Learning Institution number (DLI #): O244926829077

Immigration Information
We are very pleased to work directly with international applicants as well as recruiting agencies in Canada or abroad to assist them and their clients with finding the best education solution. Individual international students are also encouraged to contact us whether they are in Canada or in their home country.
To apply as an international student, you must follow the information listed below to complete the application process. Please note that only completed documentation will be considered.

Passport/Visa Information
A study permit is required for any program of study that is longer than 6 months. For programs longer than 6 months all international students are required to obtain a valid study permit in order to attend CTS Canadian Career College. Furthermore, the applicant’s passport must be valid for the entirety of his or her program. Once accepted, the student must provide a photocopy of the passport for his or her file.

Admission Requirements
Each program has different admission requirements. Please be sure you carefully review your program of choice’s requirements before submitting your application. This information can be found on page one of a program information package provided from our Admissions Department.

Secondary School Documentation
International students must provide their translated secondary education transcripts. Please be sure you have the transcript translated into English and evaluated by agencies who have been approved before submitting it for review (Further information below).

Academic Transcripts and Documents
Depending upon the program(s) to which you apply, a Credential Assessment Report may be required. This report allows college admissions staff to understand how education completed outside of Canada compares to credentials obtained in Canada. Contact your admissions counsellor to confirm if both your high school and postsecondary transcript evaluations are necessary.

Two organizations can assess your academic documents. Visit their websites to learn more about how to obtain a report.
International Credential Assessment Service of Canada (ICAS)
Provides general (document-by-document) assessments and comprehensive (course-by-course) assessments for both secondary and postsecondary studies.
World Education Services (WES)
Provides general (document-by-document) assessments for both secondary and postsecondary studies and comprehensive (course-by-course) assessments for postsecondary studies only.

English Language Proficiency
All applicants for whom English is a foreign language must provide proof of language proficiency.
CTS Canadian Career College accepts the following language proficiency tests and scores for all programs with the exception of the Pharmacy Technician program (see separate requirements listed below):

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)– internet-based test (iBT): minimum 80
  • International English Language Testing Services (IELTS): minimum 6.0 overall and no band below 5.5
  • Test of English for International Communication (TOEIC) – 800

For the Pharmacy Technician program, the following language proficiency tests and scores will be accepted:

  • Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL)– internet-based test (iBT): overall minimum 91 (with no lower than 23 for Speaking, 25 for Writing, 22 for Reading, and 21 for Listening)
  • International English Language Testing Services (IELTS): minimum 6.5 overall and no band below 6.0
  • Michigan English Language Assessment Battery (MELAB): overall score 81 (with minimum scores of 3+ for Speaking, 80 for Writing, 83 for Reading, and 80 for Listening)
  • The Canadian Test of English for Scholars and Trainees (CanTEST): minimum score of 4.5 for Speaking, 4.0 for Writing, 4.5 for Reading, and 4.5 for Listening

*Program minimums subject to change

Health Insurance Requirements
Health insurance is mandatory for all international students studying at CTS Canadian Career College. You will be required to show proof of having insurance coverage prior to starting your program.

Certified Immigration Consultants
If you require assistance in completing the required documentation, please contact a certified immigration consultant here. (http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/representative/rep-choose.asp)
Please note that you will be required to submit our Designated Learning Institution number: O244926829077.


We are currently only accepting International student applicants to our North Bay and Sudbury campuses.

For our Sudbury campus please send your supporting documentation to sudbury.international@ctsccc.com

For our North Bay campus please send your supporting documentation to northbay.international@ctsccc.com