CTS Canadian Career College are partnering with several institutions across Canada to offer an online interprofessional collaboration (IPC) course for students studying health sciences. Students will be provided the opportunity to experience team- and case-based approaches to master effective interprofessional collaboration. Research findings indicate the need for strong interprofessional collaboration and teamwork to enhance health outcomes for patients.
This course is highly recommended for health science students who wish to do the following:
- determine the value of interprofessional collaboration in the Canadian health care system;
- learn how to effectively work in a diverse healthcare team;
- engage in reflective practice that will lead to better judgments in various situations;
- learn about the roles of different health professionals;
- discover effective interprofessional conflict resolution skills;
- gain necessary and effective knowledge and communication skills to be used in the clinical setting.
The course provides access to:
- other students from across Canada;
- facilitators who are industry experts in various health-related professions;
- online lessons and study materials;
- a six-week study schedule requiring approximately 3-5 hours of involvement per week.