||PCP Regional Placement Coordinator Assistant
||546 Bryne Drive Barrie, Ontario
||PCP Regional Placement Coordinator
||No supervisory duties
The successful candidate will be responsible to provide support to the Regional Coordinators duties, as well as assisting the PCP program at our Barrie campus location.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Review and collection of required student documentation as applicable to Clinical and Field Placement
- Review agreements between the hospitals and the college for expiry dates and specific requirements to make sure they are being enforced. Bring any issues to Placement Coordinator’s attention.
- Oversee Clinical Instructors – be part of the hiring process when requested, schedule and review attendance, and performance. Bring any issues to Placement Coordinator’s attention; schedule instructors for Teaching Seminars once available and established by Medical Director.
- Create schedules for student shifts in hospital placements, LTC placements; look into “extra-value” placement opportunities.
- Conduct or assist Clinical Placement Orientation seminar for students prior to their commencement.
- Oversee and collect Clinical Placement documentation (NOCP sign-off completion and accuracy).
- Actively search for new Clinical placement locations such as new hospitals, LTC facilities and establish contact so that agreements can be put into place.
- Travel to each clinical location during student placement, to spot-check attendance and performance issues of instructors and relay student issues to Placement Coordinator; make contact with facility staff to ensure smooth operations.
- Bring any outstanding issues to the Placement Coordinator for assistance.
- In cooperation with the Placement Coordinator, collect and scan required documentation from students for Field Placement.
- Ensure students have access to the Field Placement Service Availability sheet.
- Hand out and collect student Field Placement Request forms in the designated time frames. Forward requests to the Placement Coordinator.
- Collect, scan and file student documentation when submitted during field placement
- Notify Placement Coordinator of any issues that may arise during student placements.
- Oversee completion and collection of Clinical documentation and Skills NOCP books prior to students being allowed to commence field placement.
- Receive original documents from students upon completion of Field Placement. Review them for completion and accuracy.
- Notify Placement Coordinator of complete or incomplete students in regards to students’ proper completion of placement documentation.
- Direct students to appropriate resource for issues or questions regarding placements.
- Collect attendance records for students on learning contracts
- Create and update spread sheets for student documentation or other form of tracking student progress as established by Placement Coordinator.
- Participate in student graduations and functions.
- Other duties as assigned
Successful candidate must have a college diploma within a medical discipline such as a medical office administrator.
Office administration experience and customer service experience is preferred but not required.
- Ambulance Act
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act – customer service standard
- Clerical and administrative procedures
- Microsoft Office suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Mail, docs, and Calendar
- Working with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicating with internal and external stakeholders
- Prioritizing, scheduling, and planning effectively
- Position Location: Various Hospitals around Barrie and the GTA
- Work environment: Hospital
- Term: Fulltime Permanent Position
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work: Monday to Friday between the hours of 8:00 am and 5:00 pm
The successful candidate can expect a wage between $16.00 – $19.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and résumé to email@example.com and identify the position applied for and the location you are applying to in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College is an equal opportunity employer, and as such, we will provide accommodation to candidates upon request, to ensure all applicants are able to compete on an equal basis.
CTS Canadian Career College would like to thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.