||No supervisory duties
The admissions counsellor will advise current and prospective students on educational issues, career planning and personal development. They will be responsible for attending community outreach initiatives, community events, and conducting presentations for the purpose of educating the public about programs, services, and benefits offered at CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to student inquiries and provide them with the information they are requesting
- Create and maintain student records
- Arrange and schedule meetings with the prospective student
- Prepare enrollment packages
- Complete enrolment paperwork with students
- Assist the student to complete all program specific admission requirements
- Assist with marketing initiatives as directed
- Assist with graduation ceremonies
- Assist with the College social media presence as directed
- Phone Duties
- Prepare, attend, teardown community outreaches
- Other duties as assigned and related to the admissions or marketing departments
College Diploma or University degree preferably in Business, Marketing, or related field.
The successful candidate should have previous experience with sales, marketing, communications, and customer service.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Social Media
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Mail, Docs, and Calendar
- Bilingualism – English and French is considered an asset but is not required
- Ability to travel for outreaches
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times
- Communicate with internal staff
- Position location: Barrie, Ontario – Local travel required 20% of the time
- Work environment: Office position that requires working outdoors during community events
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work will vary . Work hours will be between 9am to 9pm (including weekends) 40 hours per week. Schedules will be posted at least 2 week in advance; this position operates on a flex schedule and at times will require work to be completed beyond these hours.
- This position will require the candidate to answer student inquiries in the evenings and weekends.
- This position will also require some weekend shifts during community outreaches
- If flexible schedule is not possible then time in lieu will be given.
The successful candidate can expect a starting range between $14.00 – $16.00 per hour plus commission and will be eligible for Medical Benefits upon successful completion of their probationary period.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.