||Financial Aid Administrator
||North Bay, Ontario
||No supervisory duties
The Financial Aid Administrator (FAA) administers the overall operations of the Student records office, including areas such as management of student records, invoicing and collection of appropriate tuition, rewrites. Ensures compliance with Private Career Colleges Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintenance of new and current student accounts (Goldmine/Adagio)
- Process the Point of Sale system and prepare weekly bank deposits
- Approve purchase orders for books
- Order student and instructors books
- Invoice students for tuition and books
- Receive payments and issues receipts for student transactions
- Collection of accounts receivables
- Regularly check FAO portal for updates
- Processing contract cancellations
- Request credit notes
- Maintaining the petty cash accounts
- Maintain accurate student financial records in accordance with MTCU policy
- Meet with the Campus Director monthly to review the status of outstanding student accounts
- Responsible for the review of student attendance as submitted by instructors
- Report excessive absences according the CTS CCC policies to the Campus Director for action
- Prepare warning letter under the direction of the Campus Director
- Provide each student with Scholastic Progress Report
- Close financial files as soon as possible after completion date
- Help with keeping Goldmine records clean and in proper order. This requires constant monitoring and fixing of items such as format phone numbers, proper classification of Customer Type and Career Choice fields
- Assist the Campus Director with the purchase of certification exam vouchers for NET students
- Follow-up with incomplete and graduated students as default management process dictates
- Conduct exit interviews with incomplete and graduated students
- Submit progress reports to funding agencies as required, including invoice, transcript, and record of attendance
- Assist the Campus Director with the administration duties as requested and assigned by the CD
- Assist in answering telephone and greeting visitors
- Assist in scheduling appointments as requested
- Assist with Orientations
- Provide Ontario Student Assistance Program Quarterly
- Assist with graduation preparation – semi-annually
- Develops or assists with the development and implementation of policies and procedures consistent with those of the organization to ensure efficient and safe operation of the campus.
- Prepares for Ministry of Training Colleges and Universities site inspections.
- Other duties as assigned
College Diploma in Office Administration, or related field is preferred.
The successful candidate should have previous experience within an office environment working as an assistant or receptionist.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Ontario Student Assistance Program
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Google Mail, Docs, Calendar, and Hangouts
- Bilingualism – English and French is considered an asset but is not required
- Typing speed of 40 WPM with a minimum of 92 percent accuracy.
- Conduct yourself professionally at all times
- Communicate with internal staff
- Position location: North Bay, Ontario
- Work environment: Office position
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work is typically 8:30am – 5:00pm;
- Type: This is a contract position for a duration up to 12 months with the possibility for a 6 month extension.
The successful candidate can expect a starting range between $15.00 – $17.00 per hour and will be eligible for Medical Benefits upon successful completion of their probationary period.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.