||Online / Work from home
||Vice President of Information Technology
||No supervisory duties
The successful candidate will be tasked with programming applications, integrating systems and software, training end-users, modifying source-code, writing system instructions, debugging, and maintaining operating systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Programming applications using Java programming
- Designing databases using SQL
- Consolidate data across multiple sources and databases
- Design and implement online forms for data collection and data processing
- Program automated data collection and data storage systems
- Create new data models and enhance existing models to streamline data storage processes
- Design and implement database storage systems
- Identify potential problems within existing databases and programming codes and make recommendations to improve the systems
- Analyze existing data and database procedures to determine how much data is being stored and to assess the needs and capacity of current databases
- Training managers and end users
- Provide remote support for customer networking and I.T. issues
- Provide internal I.T. support for our own network and internal users
- Analyze and test current network security and provide recommendations for improvements
- Assess current performance and security of corporate VPN between all campus locations and Head office
- Improve and advance the current voice, wireless and video solutions
- Other duties as assigned
Post secondary education in computer science, computer programming or a related field. Experience will be considered in place of formal education.
Experience working within an information technology capacity is an asset but not a requirement.
- Application development
- Java programming language
- SQL databases
- Work with competing priorities
- Deadline driven
- Communicate with internal and external stakeholders
- Aptitude for learning new technology
- Position location: This role can be performed remotely
- Work environment: Home office
- Hours of work: 40 hours per week
- Schedule of work is typically between 8:30am – 5:00pm
Remuneration will be based on education and experience.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to email@example.com and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.