||No supervisory duties
The Paralegal instructor will be responsible for preparing teaching materials and delivering lectures on theory, techniques, and terminology. The instructor will also be responsible for assessing and evaluating the work of the students, as well as assisting with individualized tutoring or remedial instruction. Ensures compliance with Private Career Colleges Act and all other applicable laws and regulations.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Teach students using a systematic plan that consists of lectures, demonstrations, discussion groups, interactive activities, independent and group projects
- Develop curriculum and prepare teaching materials and outlines for courses
- Prepare, administer and mark tests and papers to evaluate students’ progress
- Provide individualized tutorial or remedial instruction to students who require it
- Supervise independent or group projects and hands-on training
- May serve on committees concerned with matters such as budgets, curriculum revision
- Stay informed about changes and innovations in your field
- Maintain student files
- Provide timely feedback to students regarding academic progress
- Assist students with placement coordination, if required
- Other duties as assigned
Paralegal diploma and a current licensed Paralegal
The successful candidate must have, at minimum, two years of experience working in a position in the Paralegal field.
- Familiar with Private Career Colleges
- Private Career Colleges Act
- Accessibility of Ontarians Disability Act – Customer Service Standard
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Microsoft Outlook
- Google Mail and Calendar
- Work with competing priorities and deadlines
- Communicate with internal staff
- Deliver lectures
- Position location: Sudbury, Ontario – Travel may be required to other campus locations
- Work environment: Office environment
- Hours of work: Dependent on program and class schedules
- Schedule of work: 8:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m.; 1:00 p.m. to 6:00 p.m.; possibly evenings,
from 5:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
- Attention to Detail
- Communication – Written
- Conflict Resolution
- Multi-tasking ability
- Planning and Organizing
- Service Focus
The successful candidate can expect a starting wage between $23.00 – $25.00 per hour.
Please submit your cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and identify the position and location that you are applying for in the subject line.
CTS Canadian Career College and Modern College of Hairstyling and Esthetics is an equal opportunity employer.